Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Bible Memory Verses and Meditation - What's the Difference?

 Bible verses memorization is commonplace in the campaigner Church. It's in Sunday School, approaching web facilities, in emails, flashcards, and probably any adding together area you can think to put a verse. The ask is: Is it vigorous?


Maybe you are -- or were -- behind me. I thought I was a bad Christian. I had lots of Bible stories lost in the region of, even a few key verses, but I could never recall them exactly right.


I would declaration going on for, "Present yourselves a lively sacrifice, that you... eh... are enough to God... and... eh... prove Him worthy." But, I'd operate at it, log on and consider more, and I would profit greater than before at remembering the verses, but would have anguish remembering stamp album, chapter, and verse.


Then I would message, "Oh, I know them ably, I just don't know where they flesh and blood."


At that time, I was a Christian for very roughly 12 years. My buddy, a veritable toddler in the faith (2 years,) was quoting scriptures until he was blue in the turn. Honestly, I was jealous.


That's where my heart was. I wanted to learn Bible Memory Verses just to prove I knew something, profit greeting, take pursuit I was a 'man of God.'


Now, I dock't arrived yet, but I have enormously left. I realized my attitude was wrong and began looking at this cumulative concept of memory verses. What does the Bible declare? Well, it in fact doesn't say much approximately memorizing verses. There are a few verses that can be interpreted into memorizing, but I would go a step count. We are not just to memorize verses, but to focus intently vis--vis them, think regarding speaking the subject of the subject of them, rehearse them in our minds and hearts, and chew a propos speaking it furthermore a cow chewing its cud; getting all last bit of nourishment.


So, what's the difference amongst memorizing and meditating? What might seem in the name of a little business will make a big difference in your life.


God told the Israelites create scripture integral to their vibrancy:


"These commandments that I come occurring when the money for you today are to be gone suggestion to your hearts. Impress them in relation to your children. Talk about them behind you sit at home and once you mosey along the road, following you lie the length of and gone you get your hands on taking place. Tie them as symbols nearly your hands and bind them approximately your foreheads. Write them upon the doorframes of your houses and upon your gates." - Deut. 6:6-9 (NIV)

The first auspices upon meditation occurs in Joshua 1:8. God tells Joshua that he is (we are) to meditate upon the sticker album of the function day and night. Why? "That you may be careful to obtain each and every one one written in it. Then you will be prosperous and well-off." (NIV) The word meditate is the Hebrew word 'Hagah' (Strong's H1897) which means to mumble, mumble, miserable or talk. God tells Joshua, "You sore to entertain Moses shoes, subsequently think practically and speak approximately what is written hours of day and night. Yes, even the book of Numbers."


Then back more, David writes, "[The blessed man's] delight is in the involve an warfare of the LORD, and upon his do something he meditates daylight and night." (Psalm 1:2 NIV emphasis mine)


Let me digress. I buy go along gone to that memorizing Bible verses is improved than not memorizing. It can by yourself benefit you. BUT the Bible teaches going deeper than mere memorization. In fact, it teaches us not just to memorize but to conceal the Word in our heart and make it a share of who we are. Memorization involves your mind even if meditation involves your heart.


A easy description sums going on this reduction. A man held a links and relatives Christmas party. As they were gathered on the flare, they settled to, in the sparkle of the season, quote their favorite verses. The host, an eloquent speaker, arose and recited the 23rd Psalm (The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not yearning....) The guests were horrified at his flair for delivery and applauded. After a few others, it was Grandma's perspective. Now Grandma had been dozing for just roughly a half hour and had missed what was going upon. The host gently woke her and asked her to recite her favorite verse. The Grandmother sat stirring, cleared her throat, and recited the 23rd Psalm. When she was finished, there was not a sober eye in the room.


As his guests were running away, one buddy approached him and said, "I don't acquire it, what was the difference amongst your recitation and your Grandmother's? They were identical." The host smiled and clearly said, "I know the Psalm. She knows the Shepherd."

For more info verse for the day.

So begin today. Take a favorite memory verse, or see-going on popular verse, and realization the first step on peak of memorization. Write it upon the tablet of your heart. After a month, the results may wonder you.


James Cook is upon a mission to in the previously people breakthrough their self-imposed limitations and discover their God-hermetically sealed potential through the treaty of scripture and meditating upon it.


No comments:

Post a Comment