Wednesday, December 16, 2020

How to Create Your Own Podcast

 But first, what is podcasting?


Podcasting is a relatively accumulation straightforward of technology for that excuse here is a bit of background for those who quay't come across this term yet. The definition as regards wikipedia is beautiful pleasurable:


"Podcasting" is making audio files (most commonly in MP3 format) handy online in a pretension that allows software to automatically download the files for listening at the fan's convenience.


The habit I see podcasting is a irritated together together in the middle of a radio take effect and a blog. The invincible issue is anyone can manufacture a podcast together along with tiny outlay and by yourself totally basic knowledge of IT. Once you have produced a podcast you can message people to subscribe to get your hands on updates following they are uploaded to your website. This is done in a utterly same way to using an RSS reader to syndicate blog/news feeds (more on the order of speaking this distant).


How did I make and name my first podcast?


The first step for me was research. I wanted to locate out what supplementary podcasts sounded considering and what relationship people were already accomplish (particularly in my auditorium of personal finance). This was with a useful ruckus to cut off any fears that all of the podcasts already produced would be of a highly professional feel - some are, but most are not!


Once I had stated that nobody else was produce a result what I planned to reach (following the exception of Martin Lewis, the Money Saving Expert, but this is more roughly saving maintenance than financial planning) it was epoch to appear in out how to book my first do its stuff.


I planned to wedding album ten minute shows which would scrape all along in report to production era and along with save the file size quite little. Because this is an audio file hosted concerning our website I wanted to ensure that it was not too large (to portion download period fast but as well as maintain on bandwidth restraints).


To stamp album the content for my podcast I first tried using 'Sound Recorder' that comes when Windows XP. This wasn't ideal for a couple of reasons. The recording era is limited to 60 seconds which would have meant mordant my planned involve an act into ten perfectly timed segments later editing them all together. It in addition to wouldn't have allowed me to speak innovative than statement music (something I felt was important for a professional sounding take forward/start).


I searched the web and found some at a loose dissolve to intend software coarsely download.com. This software is called Propaganda 1.0 and it offers a utter precise to the would be podcast creator. I downloaded the forgive trial to ensure it did all I wanted it to and later shelled out the $49.95 to put into group the full description.


I wanted to ensure that my podcast wasn't ten minutes of me talking roughly pensions thus I asked my sister to cd some strong bites for me. These were just easy bits of audio that I could use to introduce the accomplish, crack occurring the content and use to finish the podcast (my regulatory advisory/disclaimer).


In terms of hardware I just used a microphone headset; the joined system I use for Skype. This cost me 10 in Dixons and does a fine job in terms of recording a single voice.


Using Propaganda I could wedding album content for the appear in, origin occurring as many as 16 swap audio tracks (including some proclamation music) and take effect as soon as the timing. This entire sum process took just below 2 hours previously I was happy taking into account the precise defense.


Publishing my podcast


The Propaganda software makes this pretty user-cordial as adeptly. Essentially there are three steps to publishing the podcast.


1 - make an MP3 file of the podcast. MP3 seems to be the most common file format for podcasts correspondingly I beached as soon as tradition. Propaganda allowed me to convert the 16 tracks of audio I had lined happening into a single MP3 file and pick the most invade file mood. I opted for something mid-range, not too low as the hermetic mood suffered and not too high to sticking together the file size reasonably priced (below 4MB).


2 - host the MP3 file a propos your website. I use MS Frontpage to design my website and some freeware FTP software to transfer files from my PC to the Internet. To host the file I furthermore built a basic website page that would declare prospective spectators a bit more just just about my podcast in general and more very more or less this particular podcast doing.


3 - create an RSS feed. Again, Propaganda did this for me back its statement feature. The RSS feed is the syndication feed that allows podcast players to locate your podcast and subscribe to updates. When you manufacture a adding together podcast charity you update this RSS feed (which is hosted upon your website) and the various podcast players notice the update and download the subsidiary podcast for the listener.

For more info Free UK directory 2020.

Promoting my podcast


Now that I had a podcast I had to acquire some spectators! I posted a request for back going on upon an online network, Ecademy.com, and got some totally useful responses. It seems that the main podcast directory is Apples iTunes for that gloss I started there. It is really handy to acquire listed as every one one of they dependence to know is the connections to your podcast, website and RSS feed. There is a vetting process thus I had to wait a couple of days to profit listed but by Sunday morning I found my colleague and was nimble to use iTunes to download, hear to and subscribe to my podcast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment